Localization is such an important factor in accessibility and inclusion. Thrilled by Atul’s leadership in **[making Thimble localization a reality](http://transifex-thimble.toolness.org/)!**
Here’s how it works:
* To translate: [https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/friendlycode/](https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/friendlycode/)
* Live localizations: [http://transifex-thimble.toolness.org/](http://transifex-thimble.toolness.org/)
* File bugs: [https://github.com/mozilla/friendlycode/issues](https://github.com/mozilla/friendlycode/issues)
* More instructions and FAQs: [https://etherpad.mozilla.org/thimble-l10n](https://etherpad.mozilla.org/thimble-l10n)
# Get Started
* Create an account with Transifex: [https://www.transifex.com](https://www.transifex.com)
* Go to [https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/friendlycode/](https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/friendlycode/)
* Click Resources in the top navigation.
* Select with [“fc/nls/ui”](https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/friendlycode/resource/fcnlsui/). It’s the most widely visible set of translation strings and therefore the highest priority.
* If starting a new language, click “Add translation.” Enter the language you’re translating into. Then click “Translate online.”
* If you don’t have access to steady bandwidth or want to work on the translation for several sessions, you may wish instead to “Upload file”, which is more complicated.
* If you are reviewing or adding to an existing translation, click on the language and select “Translate now”.
* Go through the strings with your best translation. If you’re confused about the context of a string, click “details” in the web interface to see if there’s a comment that helps explain it better.
* Note: Some strings contain code snippets. Please preserve these and translate only natural words.
* When you’re done, don’t forget to save. If you’re working offline, you can upload your file now.
* After saving/uploading, you can [preview your changes](http://transifex-thimble.toolness.org/).
* In the “locale” selector at the top-left of the page, select the language you localized.
* You can also help by reviewing and proofreading other languages.
That’s it! Keen to hear what you think.