This is my **fourth year organizing and curating the Mozilla Festival.** Each year we hope to improve the experience, bring in more engaged participants, and **serve epic coffee.** Check out the announcement below and join us this year in London!
## Come to the Mozilla Festival ##
**The [Mozilla Festival](http://mozillafestival.org/) is the birthplace of many of Mozilla’s best and most innovative ideas.** Join us for three-days of productive skill-sharing with a global braintrust of passionate thinkers and inventors.
The fourth Mozilla Festival will take place from **October 25-27 at Ravensbourne,** a wired media and design campus located in East London.
## What is Mozfest like? ##
Picture hundreds of passionate people—**journalists, coders, filmmakers, designers, educators, gamers from all over the world**—immersed in interactive sessions designed to foster collaboration and participation.
We’ll all learn together through **hands-on sessions and interactive workshops,** and we’ll have dedicated time to hack the ideas that emerge when **hundreds of bright minds gather together** in one space.
## Mozfest Themes ##
This year’s **focus is on the mentors, catalysts and change makers** who care about the using the web to make a difference in their respective fields and communities.
Individual sessions are organized under the following themes:
* **Build Webmaker Together:** The web is wild. Co-design its future with hackable projects, new memes and creativity remixed with digital tools.
* **Connect Your City:** Champion digital making and bring together local communities.
* **Look Who’s Watching:** Learn how to control who gets your data. Help others protect their privacy and develop long-term solutions to tracking.
* **Make the Web Physical:** Take sensors, actuators and more to meld the virtual with the actual and make the web work your way.
* **Open Games: Ready, Set, Go!** Join a community of game makers who use the web as a platform to build open games.
* **Science and the Web:** Transform how we use the web–a scientist’s invention–to explore, experiment and build on each other’s research.
* **Skills and Badges:** Challenge conventional skillsharing. Recognize and verify learning in new ways to increase opportunities and make the most of the web.
* **Source Code for Journalism:** Hack the news. Learn, teach, and make journalism that’s native to the open web.
* **Teach the Web:** Let’s teach the world the web. Discover how to inspire learners and spread digital literacy with hands-on making.
* **Webmaking for Mobile:** Become a maker in the booming world of the mobile web.
## Propose a Session ##
You can **[propose your own session](http://sessions.mozillafestival.org) from now until August 31.**
Come with a great concept you want to make real, and we’ll connect you with a community of fiercely unconventional technologists and creators eager to share their skills and knowledge to spotlight your work and to nurture your ideas.
## Register! ##
Last year’s festival sold out so **[register](http://mzl.la/mozfest13-register) as soon as you can** to reserve a space.
Mozfest is a chance to hone your skills and amplify your voice around our common mission: ensuring the web is an innovation open to all.
## Who’s coming? ##
Here are some of the **organizations we expect to join us:**
TinkerCad, Kickstarter, DIY.org, Goldsmiths, Chicago Tribune, CERN, Scratch, NPR, Codebender, Decoded, DigitalMe, MakeyMakey, Meemoo, Makie Lab, Mindcandy, Internet Archive, Electronic Frontier Foundation, Zeega, Craftyy, Eyebeam, LibreGraphic Magazine, The Web Foundation, National Writing Project, Sourcefabric, Al Jazeera, The Guardian, BBC, ProPublica, La Nacion, Knight Foundation, Blender, SoundCloud, Ushahidi, Open Knowledge Foundation, New York Times, Internews, Creative Commons, P2PU, Shuttleworth Foundation, Hacks/Hackers, Global Voices, MacArthur Foundation, Institute of Play, WYNC Radio, Tribeca Film Institute, Intel Labs, MIT Media Lab, MIT Center for Civic Media, Young Rewired State, Tate Collective, London Zoo, Web FWD, and more.
Did we mention you should **[register](http://mzl.la/mozfest13-register)**? ^_^