It’s been a fantastic two months of producing and testing clubs.
Here’s a recap of what we accomplished:
- Produced and field-tested the first curriculum module in 24 cities.
- Drafted an organizing model to recruit and support club leaders regionally.
- Developed a soon-to-launch website introducing clubs as part of the larger Mozilla Learning offering.
- Finalized a partner engagement plan to spread web literacy through strategic partnerships.
- And most importantly, collaborated with an amazing community of club testers and educators who are at the forefront of teaching web literacy.
In follow-up posts, I’d like to share more about the accomplishments above, what we learned and where we struggled, as well as share ideas for where the club project can go next. If you’re interested in getting involved, drop a line in our discussion forum.
But for now, I’d like to give a huge thanks and gif high-five to the first club testers. We couldn’t have had a more knowledgeable and joyful group!
- Andrea Ellis, Kansas City Library
- Leslie Scott, aSTEAM Village
- Lina Kim, Diana Lee, and Ab Velasco, Toronto Public Library
- Justin Hoenke, Chattanooga Public Library
- Meredith Summs, MOUSE
- Gina Tesoriero, NYC Department of Education
- Maurya Couvares, ScriptED
- Nivedita Lane, Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada
- Heather Schneider, Shedd Aquarium
- Christina Cantrill, National Writing Project
- Dan Gilbert, Afterschool Alliance
- Jess Weichler, Makerbox
- Su Adams, Staplehurst School
- Steven Flower, CoderDojo Manchester
- Jonathan Prozzi, Digital Harbor
- Ellie Mitchell, Maryland Afterschool Network
- Emma Dicks, Innovate the Cape
- Mick Fuzz, Clearer Channel
- Emma Irwin, Mozilla Community Education
- Vineel Reddy, Gauthamraj Elango, Ankit Gadgil, Sayak Sarkar, Galaxy Kadiyala, Priyanka Naj, Mozilla India
- San Emmanuel James and Lawrence Kisuuki, Mozilla Uganda
- Faye Tandog, Mozilla Philippines
- Chad Sansing, BETA Academy
- Kim Wilkens, St. Anne’s-Belfield School
- Ian O’Byrne, University of New Haven
- Alvar Maciel, Buenos Aires educator
- Mikko Kontto, The English School in Helsinki
- Greg McVerry, Southern Connecticut State University
- Luis Sanchez, Mozilla Mexico
- Roz Hussin, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Sophia Koniarska, Think Big
- Pete O’Shea, CoderDojo
- Elijah van der Giessen, NetSquared
- Chris Mills, Mozilla Developer Network
- Kathryn Barrett, Girls Learning Code
- Elio Qoshi, Webmacademy Albania
- Andre Garzia, Rio LAN House project
- Simona Ramkisson, Amira Dhalla, Doug Belshaw, Lainie DeCoursy, Laura Hilliger, An-Me Chung and Chris Lawrence, Mozilla Foundation